Some FO's to start off with.
Do you see a turkey?
Do you see a bat?
These are my first attempts at dishclothes. I had the cotton in my stash and needed a quick project to occupy me while I recovered from current project boredom. They each took less than a day to complete. I sent the bat home with my Mom and told her to use it. She probably won't because she won't want to hurt it! The turkey I thought I would give to my Grandma, but I am not she she will be able to see the design. I think I may try it again in a colored yarn.
Next up, Log-Cabin Bathmat-
This is a Christmas present. I am using three strands of Peaches & Cream in Orange Sherbet on size 15 Denise Interchangables. I am loving and hating this project. I will definately log-cabin again, but I do not like working with cotton. I had a very swollen right hand by the end of day two of this project. So, my new plan was to complete one log per day, then work on other stuff. But then my cable connector on my 40" cable broke! They have great customer service and with one call, I should have a replacement in the mail by Wednesday!
Next up. I went to the Bishop Hill Fiber Guild Spin-In Saturday morning. I only had a few hours to spare. I came home with these yummy items-
What I have here is one skein of Kraemer Superwash sock yarn, hand dyed color called Jeannie. Next is Peace Fleece in a YUMMY burnt orange color. That Peace Fleece may become a scarf for myself, and the sock yarn will also probably be for me. I was surrounded by TONS of wool! I was very tempted many times to buy some roving. But I don't spin! So I just touched a lot!
And finally we had Bakersville Saturday night. It was awful weather and the night had to be called short. People were being shocked in some of the other skits because of the rain! But Hubby was a hit as the headless head juggler! Hopefully next year will be better!
48 Things You Could Care Less About
1. FIRST NAME? Stacey
2. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? No. Mom said I was either Stacey or Shelly
3. WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY? Yesterday. I am sappy and will cry at almost anything, but it was a movie.
4. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? Yes. It is like my Moms.
5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCHMEAT? Smoked turkey breast
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? Hell yeah! I think I am a pretty great friend!
7. DO YOU HAVE A JOURNAL? No, I blog.
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? Yes.
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? Probably.
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? I LOVE Captain Crunch! But it is bad for youm so I eat Cheerios.
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? Nope.
12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? I used to(years ago) do power lifting. So I think so. Mentally and emotionally, not as much as I wish I was.
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR? Moose Tracks
14. SHOE SIZE? 9
5. RED OR PINK? Red, my High School colors were red and black.
16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? That I don't know what I want to be when I grow up (I am almost 33!)
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? All my cousins- we see each other maybe once a year. We grew up running around on the farm, and I miss that.
18. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU? I'd like to read this on other blogs.
19. WHAT COLOR PANTS, SHIRT AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? Navy blue pants, grey shirt and no shoes. I am usually barefoot.
20. LAST THING YOU ATE? Chicken Cordon Bleu, tater tots and carrots
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? I am listening to Survivor.
22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? Red-Violet
23. FAVORITE SMELL? My Boys when they were babies, when I was nursing them before bed, right after a bath.
24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? My Mom
25. THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE YOU ARE ATTRACTED TO? Eyes, sense of humor, and height.
26. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON you stole THIS from? I don't know her, but I think I would. I read her blog all the time.
27. FAVORITE DRINK? Amaretto stone sour or Diet Coke
28. FAVORITE SPORT? NFL, but I love them all.
29. EYE COLOR? Brown
30. HAT SIZE? 22"
31. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? No
32. FAVORITE FOOD? Tough one- I love anything from the Chinese restaurant.
33. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? Happy endings
35. SUMMER OR WINTER? Winter, I love layers
36. HUGS OR KISSES? Hugs, from all the people I love
37. FAVORITE DESSERT? warm brownie, scoop of ice cream, my Mom's hot fudge sauce!
38. WHO IS MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND? Not sure, but I think my SIL will.
39. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND? Don't know...
40. WHAT BOOKS ARE YOU READING? The last book I read was The Backyardigan's to my Boys. Life as a Mom.
41. WHAT'S ON YOUR MOUSE Pad? I use a laptop, so no pad
42. WHAT DID YOU WATCH LAST NIGHT ON TV? Project Runway
43. FAVORITE SOUNDS? Laughter from my Family, but especially my Boys.
44. ROLLING STONE OR BEATLES? Rolling Stones
45. THE FURTHEST YOU'VE BEEN FROM HOME? So sad I am, but Las Vegas.
46. WHAT'S YOUR SPECIAL TALENT? I knit (obviously), but in general I am crafty. I am a pretty good baker too.
47. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? Kewanee, Illinois
48. WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? Stole it from A Mingled Yarn.
Knitting updates this weekend, I have a few more FO's.
So, it has been a busy week. I wrote out my Christmas To-Do list. Scary, so I kicked it into 2nd gear. I got a hat for Baby Boy made, Hubby's slippers finished, another pair of slippers finished, and one of a pair of slippers done. WHEW! My needles were smoking!
On Tuesday I attended my first P.T.O. meeting. It is official, I have a child in school! I paid my dues, so I am in. I have to keep an eye on these women.
Friday, got a call from Big Boys teacher. He had been there an hour! He had a fever and said his ear hurt. ot him, got in to the doctor within the hour. He has an ear infection and an upper respitory infection. What a nasty, germy place Pre-school must be!
We didn't do anything exciting for our anniversary. Hubby sent flowers and we ordered out!
Saturday, we did some yard work and are getting ready for Halloween. We will be helping with our local festivities. Bakersville is a haunted hayride through one of our beautiful parks. I will be behind the scenes and Hubby will be one of the entertainers. See-
He is the headless juggler in the skit, Bakersville's Got Talent. It should be fun, hopefully not to cold! I think I may try to whip up a new hat for myself before then.
So, that is a brief summary of my busy week. Meghan sent me some hate mail, wanting to know where that LYS is that I mentioned last week! Knit 4 Together Yarn Company is in Dunlap, IL. So, it is about 45 minutes south of me. They have been open for about a year. I just found them, so it is new to me. Nice little shop. No website. They carry Brown Sheep Company, so that is different than The Yarn Shoppe in Davenport, where I frequent. We live in between the Quad Cities and Peoria. So we go either way when we need something. Now I have a nice yarn shop to visit each way!
That is all for now! I have to keep knitting!